I wanna start off by saying... Last night couldn't of been more perfect. My package from VitaCost arrived, dinner was delicious & the hubs and I enjoyed a new to us movie.
First, check out all those goodies that came:
|**If you haven't tried Eco Bee Farm Raw Cinna-Honey, you must! It's delicious... and addictive**|
Okay, now onto dinner. One word, AMAZING! I bought gnocchi the other day, and wasn't sure what to make with it. I looked online for recipe ideas and decided to make Gnocchi with Shrimp, Broccoli and Pesto. It's seriously just as good as it sounds. I was kind of skeptical about even making the dish because last time I cooked gnocchi for dinner, hubs wasn't too big of a fan. This time however, he really enjoyed it... WIN! And we even have leftovers for dinner tonight, another win :)
|This picture doesn't do it justice whatsoever, trust me.|
Gnocchi with Shrimp, Broccoli & Pesto- Serves 4
(adapted from this recipe @ CookingLight)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (16 oz) package gnocchi
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. store bought pesto (or you can make your own)
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add gnocchi, and let cook for 4 minutes (gnocchi will rise to the top once done)
- While gnocchi is cooking, sautee' the shrimp and broccoli in a medium pan with olive oil and pepper for 5 minutes
- When you notice that the gnocchi has risen to the top, Drain & place in large bowl
- Once shrimp mixture is fully cooked, Drain and place on top of gnocchi
- Finally, add the pesto sauce & mix well. Top with Parmesan Cheese & serve immediately :)
It's seriously such an easy dish to make, and doesn't take no longer than 20 minutes or so (I may or may not have tried a bit of it this afternoon before lunch when it was cold, and it was just as good). I really hope some of you give it a try, because it definitely wont disappoint :).
After dinner and dishes, the hubs and I just relaxed and watched a new to us movie called "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close". Have any of you seen in? It's about a nine-year-old boy that searches New York City for the lock that matches a key left behind by his father, who died in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. By the end of the movie you are just so moved emotionally. The actors do such an amazing job portraying their character. Hubs & I truly think it's a must-see movie.
- Are any of you running the Disney World 1/2 Marathon in January? I'm thinking about flying to the states for it
- What was the last movie you saw?
- Do you eat dessert after dinner?
**Oh and for all of you that wanted the Blueberry Vanilla bread, ya gotta wait until tomorrow.. sorry :)